We hope the below information helps you to plan your visit to the Key Theatre.
- Our box office has three positions, one of these has a dropped counter.
Parking, Drop Off and Minibus Facilities:
- The closest car park is the Riverside Car Park directly opposite the venue. This has 7 disabled spaces. Parking charges apply unless you have an adapted vehicle (please read the sign for details).
- The closest drop off point for those with access requirements would be Embankment Road, just outside the venue. Mini buses can be parked behind the barrier on the Embankment subject to prior arrangement with the Box Office.
- Our theatre is accessible for wheelchair use and have reserved wheelchair spaces.
Floors, Lifts, Steps and Stairs:
- If you are crossing the road from Riverside car park there is a dropped curb on either side of the road.
- The foyer, box office, Chalkboard Bistro, and The Swan Room are all on the ground floor. You will also find sofas in the foyer area.
- The Main Auditorium, bar, and The Spires Room are on the first floor.
- There is the option to take the stairs between both floors of our building. From the ground floor to the first floor are 20 steps. Our main staircase is wide and not steep with handrails and people tend to pass each other with ease.
- Alternatively, there is a standard lift with a mirror and a platform lift and a member of the team will assist you to use this.
- There are 5 steps to access the Studio Theatre and Willow Room.
- There are accessible toilets on the ground floor just to the left of our foyer, inside which there are hand rails either side of the sink and next to the toilet, as well as a red emergency pull cord.
- There are further toilets on the ground floor directly as you enter our foyer.
- The nearest Changing Places toilets are located in the Car Haven Public Toilets on St, Peter’s Road, Peterborough, PE1 1HG.
Hearing Aid Induction Loop:
- To support patrons with hearing aids that are switched to the ‘T’ position we have hearing aid induction loops.
- These are located at the Box Office, Studio Theatre, and Main Auditorium.
- If you are attending a relaxed performance there will always be a dedicated quiet space available, and signposted, during your visit.
- If you would benefit from accessing a quiet space during any other visit please do contact the box office in advance, or speak to a member of the front of house team on duty who will be able to advise you further on the availability of our spaces.
Visually Impaired Signage:
We have clear orange bands around all of the pillars on our first floor.